Fraternal Greetings from England

Ingen registering nödvändig / No registration needed
Gäst

Fraternal Greetings from England

Inläggav Gäst » 5 december 2007, 00:30

Greetings Brethren from a cold and rainy Kent in England

I wish you the best of luck with your Forum and my offer of assistance remains open if you should require it.

Mike Martin
Mersey Lodge No.5434 London
Visit over 100 British Isles Masonic Sites here

Användarvisningsbild
Juggernaut
Grad: VIII
Loge: Astræa, Brf DGL, GPL

Inläggav Juggernaut » 5 december 2007, 05:57

Thank you Brother

/Peder

AvO, brf Den Gyllene Lågan, Borås
Inhoppare där det behövs i S:T Johannes logen Astræa, Borås
GPL

Brandt
Inläggs Mästare

Inläggav Brandt » 5 december 2007, 11:03

It is very kind of you. I have the impression that English freemasonry is much more open about the content of the rituals (except some few details), in a way which is surprising for Scandinavian freemasons who are obliged to keep quiet about our rituals.

Which version of the Craft degrees is worked in Kent, or does this depend on the choice of each lodge itself?
ML IV-V°

Gäst

Inläggav Gäst » 6 december 2007, 01:56

I am a member of 2 Lodges, one in Kent and one in London (my Mother Lodge). They both work Emulation ritual although you would not believe it if you were to visit.

Användarvisningsbild
DONALD MCKAY
Aktiv Medbroder

Inläggav DONALD MCKAY » 6 december 2007, 18:56

Broderliga hälsningar fran Norra Skottland ,,,,,Hi Mike !!
In Scotland the ritual varies slightly even within our our small province of 4 Craft lodges However the "essentials" remain the same
We recently had a visitor from Essex South East England who was amazed to see the first degree worked in my Mother Lodge (and our Harmony afterwards!)l He was of course a mason from the English constitution and I think it was his 1st visit to a Scottish lodge but as he remarked its all part of education within the brotherhood
Best decription taken from another forum
"When the GLofS was formed in 1736 there existed approx 100 lodges in Scotland many of which had been in place for many years (ie) 15th/16th century. Because so many of these lodges had their own rituals, being completely independent and instead of the new Grand Lodge deciding to standardise ritual, it said that the lodges could use whichever ritual it pleased providing it conveyed the Masonic teachings and symbolism required to achieve the end result. Hence even today a lodge can use or change its ritual however it sees fit providing the candidates get the required teachings. I would add that the same is the case for the wide and varied Masonic regalia used in Scottish lodges. Isn't it a good idea to have different ritual and different regalia throughout the lodges."
Lodge St Fergus 466 , RAC John O Groat 230 ,Cryptic Council John O Groat 230 RAM John O Groat 230 Ye Corporation o Squaremen Guild of Masons Order of the Secret Monitor King Brude 342
Preceptory of Saint Fergus 44 St Fergus Conclave 28 AASR 18th

Brandt
Inläggs Mästare

Inläggav Brandt » 12 december 2007, 12:21

I will thank Br:s Martin and McKay for their messages, furthering the knowledge about foreign land freemasonry among us Swedish brethren. Thank you very much, indeed!
ML IV-V°

Användarvisningsbild
DONALD MCKAY
Aktiv Medbroder

Inläggav DONALD MCKAY » 12 december 2007, 14:56

Thank you Brother Brant l I had the great pleasure of attending a 1st Grad earlier this year
in St Johannes Loge Salomon à trois Serrures, in Göteborg which I found to be delightful enlightening experience I count my self previldged to have done so
Lodge St Fergus 466 , RAC John O Groat 230 ,Cryptic Council John O Groat 230 RAM John O Groat 230 Ye Corporation o Squaremen Guild of Masons Order of the Secret Monitor King Brude 342
Preceptory of Saint Fergus 44 St Fergus Conclave 28 AASR 18th

Återgå till "Gästbok / Guestbook"