Website

Ingen registering nödvändig / No registration needed
Ian Moseley

Website

Inläggav Ian Moseley » 3 december 2007, 22:35

I saw your URL on the Freemason.com forum, keep up the good work, it would be nice to see a translation into English.

As a masonic researcher I am interested in all aspects of Freemasonry, and would like to undertake some research into the Scandinavian rite, I believe you call it by another name which I cannot remember.

Regards,
Ian Moseley, P.Pr.J.G.W.
Loyal Hay Lodge No 2382 UGLE

Andreas
Inläggs Mästare
Grad: VI
Loge: Lejonet och Kronan

Inläggav Andreas » 3 december 2007, 22:41

Dear bro Ian,

You are welcome to ask questions about the Swedish rite for your research.

Brotherly,

Andreas
VI°, Lejonet och Kronan
AABB, BF Västerhavet
-----------------------------------------
Ave crux spes unica

Brandt
Inläggs Mästare

Inläggav Brandt » 4 december 2007, 00:02

It is called the Swedish rite even among our neighbours in Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Germany and Finland, since it was developed by such Swedish freemasons as Carl Friedrich Eckleff and Charles Duke of Sudermannia (a duchy called Södermanland in Swedish.

Even in UK there are some differences between different uses of the Craft degree rituals, such as Ritus Oxoniensis, Bristol, Lancashire, Taylor's, Stability and Emulation. Outside England many North American Grand Lodges base their Craft ritual use on the rite of Thomas Smith Webb, and in France (French Rite, Rectified Scottish Rite, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite) and Germany (Fessler Rite, Schröder Rite) a handful of different uses developed in the 18th century.

The Craft degrees are of course worked in Scandinavia as everywhere else in world freemasonry, but, brought to Sweden in 1737, during the 18th century a unique use of them was developed.

Three side degrees ('St. Andrew's degrees') was brought from the Continent in 1756, and in 1759 the remaining degrees ('Chapter degrees') was brought from the Continent, forming a system of ten degrees in the end of the century. An earlier version of it - the Zinnendorf Rite - was prematurely spread into Germany before the full development of the Swedish Rite had occured.

The content of the degrees is not to be discussed.
ML IV-V°

Återgå till "Gästbok / Guestbook"